Mounting Debris Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QuadRacer041, Nov 10, 2007.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to be picking up a debris loader pretty soon and would like to mount it on the a frame of my enclosed trailer. I know I have seen some mounted there but does anyone have any suggestions on mounting it or better yet some pictures of it mounted?
  2. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

I have a billy goat tailgate loader on the back of our F350. This allows us to use the trailer for all of the equipment and we can back into a tight place if need be. The only thing we regret is not getting the swing arm.
  3. QuadRacer041

well if i mount it on the traile ra frame i can do all the things you can like backing into tight area's etc....i would love to mount it on a swing away arm for dumping but doesnt it plug into the trailer reciever? if thats the case i wouldnt be able to use my trailer and debris loader at the same time.
  4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

You could mount it on the front or on the tongue, Look at my post under "New Leaf Toy"
  5. QuadRacer041

Thats what i meant when I said A frame, tongue/A frame, same thing, lol. Thats what I am looking to do, I will have it mounted on my enclosed trailer with all my equip inside. Have the leaves or what ever debris load into the back of my dump truck. Then when its full just unhook and go dump, not have to worry about removing the debris loader.
    Thats a nice setup you got. Anyone have any more pics?
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

QuadRacer041 I can post more. What ones did you need? I am going to get it from storage to do some work on it. So I will have it in the driveway for reference sake.
  7. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

I mounted mine onthe A frame.
    Just watch out for your turning clearance.
    One of my hitches a little bit shorter than others, and I bent mine up a little bit when turning while backing up. (My stake body is wider than a pickup, so it depends on what type of truck you use).

Now, with the longer hitch, I have "just enough" clearance. Now I still have the whole trailer for my equipment.
  8. QuadRacer041

no its cool, yours were good i just wanted to see a few differnt setup's.
  9. QuadRacer041

yea, thats what i want.
    i wont have a problem now, my old trailer only had a 3 ft a frame, so i just bought a new wells cargo with a 5 ft a frame so i can pretty much fit a walk behind there and not have a problem, lol.
  10. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both setups. For your trailer you need to weld a stand to sit the vac on. This can get costly if you are not a "do it yourself welder" other wise $80 an hour figure at least 2 hrs at the shop. So about $300 to mount it on your trailer, however it shakes it alot, especially enclosed ones. If you can a swing mount on your truck is ideal, lesco makes one, I think they are around $400+-. This way when you need to get in a tight area you can unhook and drop your trailer and go in with your truck. Hope this helps as I have both set ups. Ohh, and I cant forget, make sure if you can have an extended tongue on your trailer with either set up is best, other wise every tight turn you will dent the trailer or your truck. Good luck