1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Electric Broadcast Spreader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the best way to wire an electric spreader to a ZTR?

Straight to the battery, with an inline fuse?

Also, the the swith is going out. What is the switch called that's used to controll the speed? Where do you get them? All the electrical stores I've tried couldn't help me.

Is there a lubricant for fert. spreaders, so the box will open and close easier. A little rust is building up, and the wd40 I tried before just disolved the fert and made it worse.
  2. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used lesco I went to the auto zone and got a toggle switch aslo a inline fuse I have nothing too control the speed I do that with the ztr.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Get some PB Blaster its a lot better than WD40. Any toggle switch will work OK. I hooked mine straight to the battery.
  4. dadioo

dadioo LawnSite Member

use a headlight dimmer switch. easy foot control.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

not a bad idea dadioo. Welcome to the site by the way
  6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to use powered graphite to lube it. It's the same thing used in corn/soybean planters. PB would do the same thing as wd40.

Rheostat switch is what I was looking for to control the spread width of the fert (or the speed of the motor). I just have to find one now. I do like the foot switch idea too. Thanks and welcome aboard dadioo!