Mounting Lights on Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little green guy, Jul 23, 2001.

1. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where/ how to mount lights on my liquid cooled lazer. I've been thinking about doing it but I haven't found a good spot to mount them and haven't figureed a good way to wire it . Thanks

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you plan on doing, starting a second or third shift cutting operation? LOL

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yah, i figured I could offer 24 hour service :D Since we work like 12 hrs a day allready we'd only have to add a second shift. Anywaay I was thinking that maybe I could mount the lights behingd the seat since it's got the hood thing for the lc, what do you guys think? Thanks

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure what the Lazer seat is like but on my Walker's and Pro Z I mounted them beside the armrests. I bought the ones for the first Walker and after seeing how easy they are to make I made the ones for the other machines. I just did them on my MTD Pro Z and used them tonight for the first time. I bought a set of off road truck lights, man are they bright. I use a old style floor mounted dimmer switch from TSC and mounted it beside the throttle.

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer always mounts lights on lasers. Some how runs the power through the key. He usually mounts them on the sides by the gas tanks, I'll see if I can get a pic.

7. deason

deason LawnSite Member

You may want to think this through. Have you ever ( outside of driving a car/truck) driven a piece of machinery at night? No matter where or how many lights you mount, you are going to cast shadows. And in those shadows will lerk lawn rakes, baseballs, rocks, stepping stones and other things you cant see unless it is daylight. Do you really want to chance that? I'm not being negative to your idea. In fact, I think that a person who is willing to work hard to get the job done right and on time is commendable. But, you need to work smarter, not harder.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cutter1
    Try to get a pic posted I'd like to see how they mount them by tanks. Thanks, ED

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey deason, I've seen equipment being run at night. Nobody said it was very smart but hey. Saw an excavator once, and tractors too. I wanted to put lights on my 21" and Groundsmaster. The 21" wouldn't work I don't think...

10. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

you have to be really carefull b/c it is dangerous.

I have two generic KC lights mounted on my 52" WB and if i leave them on for more than a couple of hours i really run my battery down. But if you check to make sure that your alternator can handle the wattage then there should be no problem. I am using two 100w lights. I bought my lights from the automotive section of walmart with all the wiring and switches needed. Good luck.

PS. if you buy lights make sure that they have the beam spread that you are looking for. some are very thin and have to be mounted a certain way.