mounting my Billy Goat on my Snoway plow mount

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How are you venting on top? Are you doing a slider that can be adjusted? That setup is going to be so nice for you. I know we've seen them before like that, but still...
    Another thing to consider with the front mount, is that it makes it SO much easier to get right up to the pile with. If needed, you can tuck that front end into anywhere.
    Also, if you are using pvc, what kind of curve angles are you going to have? (I mean how tight). I remember some of these guys that used stove pipe, readjusted and went with a bit more gradual of curvature for less resistance. Keep us posted!

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats illegal here in CT. A plow doesnt have a pipe comming into your view. Thats a ticket for sure around here. The leaf box is way too small. I wish i could use a front mount though it solves some problems for me freeing up my hitch to tow with.

3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Punt66, do you have any pics of your swingaway and leaf setup? Post some pics if you have them.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I actually do not. If you go to my profile i have 1 pic there of my trucks and my house i took last year. You can see the leaf box and the insert is partially in the air. The box has split barn doors that latch closed or open. The top i put a mesh tarp during leaf season with bungees. I leave the box on all year for mulch and brush. When i have my vac mounted i will take a close pic.

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have a mesh tarp for the top...... The pipe is PVC and is a straight shot from the BillyGoat to the box..........Thanks for your post Runner.....you always have constructive comments....

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

The leaf box may be way to small FOR YOU.........but not for me thanks anyway.....

I too am a solo operation....so having to take 2 trucks is not an option.....

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you. Thats why i wouldnt mind having a front mount as well. I do run 2 trucks.

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm solo also , but I fabbed up a double hitch on my truck to mount the loader and still pull a trailer.

I like the idea of the front mount alot . Seen it on this site for the last few years. I might have to try that next year.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

i have been thinking about doing that. You dont have a pic of that do you?