Mounting remote hookups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, May 10, 2014.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I use the pigtails that Fimco makes for the RM remote. Has anyone come up with a very neat way to mount it vs. it just hanging. I think the neatest way would be for it to be in a small plastic junction type box or maybe a small controller box with a swing open door but I haven't found one of these. Anyone came up with something along these lines?

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

The cleanest way that I have found is to just use the housings that TRC sells. They are discrete, waterproof and sealed so you don't have to worry about dirt and insects getting into your plug. I think that Peter sells those as well. On controllers that we have installed in enclosures we have our own custom PCB that we designed that has a remote plug built into it.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Dan about the TRC, I've installed a lot of them on small clocks. With a larger outfit, a enclosure below the clock gives more room to wire the harness, they are available at most electrical outlets in either metal or plastic. If you're going with a enclosure, make the splice from the field wires and the harness to the clock remembering to have enough wire to backfeed 24-volts and common from the clock to the enclosure. :)

4. deekay1622

deekay1622 LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a solution to a remote hookup challenge.:confused:

I've got a controller with (2) Printed Circuit Boards each with its own 37 pin male connector. PCB #1 has terminals 1-24 and its remote hookup, PCB #2 has terminals 25-48 and its remote hookup.

If I want to use my ProMax remote on stations 1-24, I plug in my 37 pin MxF connector extension cord into my ProMax UA set up and away I go.

If I want to use anything on station 25 and above I must come back to the controller and switch my extension cord over to the remote hookup on PCB #2. Also, now station #1 on my handheld remote activates #25 on the clock.

Does anyone have any solutions that would allow for single extension cord, lets say with a splitter, that would allow me to plug in one time and use all stations without switching back and forth between the (2) remote hookups?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm going to PM this to FIMCO-MEISTER and ask him directly as well.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I think he may have abandoned us on this site. May have to go to remotepigtails.com

6. deekay1622

7. Mike Leary

Peter may make a 48 zone pigtail, but buy a magnifing glass when trying to figure the color code! :laugh:

8. deekay1622

Yeah, you're right, Mike. I don't know if there are enough colors in the rainbow.:dizzy:

Bye the way, this controller has a free iPhone App designed as a remote control which is nice, but the delay time can be a little slow depending on your 3G or 4G speeds. It's not really designed for quick on/off cycling such as would be done during a wet check for alignment or bad wiper seals, etc.

9. Mike Leary

Sounds like the early Hunter remotes where when you wanted another zone, you took a lunch break and came back a half an hour later. :cry:

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

no one loves the Hunter SRR :(