Mousquito Barrier as an added App.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone incorporate Mousquito barrier as an added service?http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/index.html
    was thinking about doing that, If it works. gonna try it on my property first, i have a huge mosquito problem.

2. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

I got some of this stuff last year and tried it on my yard and one other paying customer. I seemed to have good results but last year was pretty dry down here so the mosquitoes were not as severe. I do list it as a service I provide. When you contact them, tell them you are in the business and they will give you a discounted price versus what is listed online.

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I've used it with mixed results.
    Hasn't dicouraged me though.
    It's still a great service to offer.
    Remember it also repels ticks as well.

4. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

do you need an insecticide license to aplly this

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like an interesting product. I read some, but never saw the actual application rates. They say 4 ounces of product per gallon, but how much is that gallon supposed to cover? 100 sq. ft. 500, 1,000?

Wondering if it could be applied effectively with a permagreen? If so it would be a quick and easy app to make for sure.

6. Shades of Green LService

Would be nice if worked w/ a PG for the larger props.

7. Shades of Green LService

No, Its not an insecticide its 99% garlic Juice and you just add a little soap and oil and spray away

8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

9. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

All I can say is be prepared to gag when you spray it. The smell is awful but fades away in an hour or so.:dizzy:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I sprayed it with a PG.
    Also, here in Michigan, we are required to be licensed to spread it. Of course here,...you can't spray water for the purpose of repelling anything for a customer without being licensed.