move a thread

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by AbsoluteCurbAppeal, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

AbsoluteCurbAppeal LawnSite Member
    from iowa

can anyone please tell me how to move a thread?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Once you make a thread in a specific forum that's where it stays, you can't move it. Only a moderator can relocate a thread. Is there something I can help you with?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You can't do it. It has to be done by a moderator/administrator. Get with Jodi, and she will be happy to review the situation, take it under advisement, and present Sean. If Sean approves it, he will then present it to the board, - who will then put it up for a vote. If it is voted to be moved, then they will set a tentative date of moving. If everything is on schedule at that time, you can look for the thread to be moved sometime before midnight that evening.
    OR,...sometimes, Jodi will just take it and move it herself! :rolleyes:

4. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

from iowa

i posted at 11:26 this morning and have not gotten any response. Wondered if it needs to be post some place esle or was just a "bad" post?

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Sometimes a thread may just get passed by for no particular reason. I moved it over to the general green industry discussion forum. If you find that it is moving down the page with no response, you may post to it again, and say, "just bringing this to the top."

6. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

from iowa

Thanks!!!!!!