1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

move it or cut around it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike lane lawn care, May 27, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

when you do a yard with larger objects in it do you move them or cut around them? what i mean is that on one property i do, there is one of those plastic play house's with slide and what not, very light. I use the front bumper on the tractor and push it out of the way, it cause's no damage and keeps the grass from dying in that spot, i also do this with other objects that i can push without causing damage to the object or tractor. but for other objects like hammoks, grills, chairs, and empty 4x6 trailers, do you ,move them or cut around them?
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Cut around them :hammerhead: Want that spot cut, move your crap and i'll do it next time i come. :usflag:
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If they want the grass cut in those areas, they have to have the lawn cleared off and free of objects on their specific cutting day, otherwise we cut around the stuff. We cut the grass, we're not a moving company.
  4. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i cut around them.
    i`m not there to lift picnic tables and bbq`s
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut around them. If you move them and then something happens and someone gets hurt, you can be held accountable, take a trampoline or a hammock for instance. Just my opinion and something to think about.
  6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutly, I hate it when they act like its my fault when I don't move it.
  7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have one customer who I told last year that in order for me to keep my prices low, time is of the essence. In other words, if I spend my time moving your stuff, it will end up costing you more. So, she was good for about the first two cuttings after that. So, I just went up on the price of the lawn to more than make up for the difference.

As far as being liable for a trampaline or a hammock:confused: I really don't worry about being sued for touching them. :hammerhead:
  8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

wow weve been breaking our backs moving trampolines and picnic tables for years im not doing that anymore
  9. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Mow around...
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I moved a trampolene a couple of weeks ago--never again. Old woman lived there and came out and asked me to move it. I figured a lowballer would move it if I didn't haha