Moved from 2 acres to 1/4 acre lot...

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tlwmsu, Apr 20, 2007.

1. tlwmsu

tlwmsu LawnSite Member

Sold my White Outdoor lawn tractor (38" cut) because I didn't think the new yard was big at all. Oops. Have a fairly old 21" Snapper push (no self propel, either) that takes me just under an hour just to cut :hammerhead:. Along about 30 min more to trim/blow. Now, I'm interested in getting a used commercial grade walk-behind, because I help people out every now and then with their yards, and would think a nice one would last a long time for homeowner use and good maintenance. One catch...the only place to store the mower at the new house is the storage room (strict covenants prevent a "Home Depot" storage building in back yard) in the garage...with a normal 32" (or thereabouts) door. Worst case, I *might* be able to put it in the garage with the truck/car. Or, are there good covers on the market I could use and keep a mower in the back yard without being under roof???:nono:

Any suggestions?

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Rubbermaid makes very small closet sheds for things like this and they are useually pretty cheap. They have all kind of shapes and sizes. I was looking at them in the outdoor section at Lowes a few weeks ago. I just bought a Rubbermaid ultramax to get some things out of the garage myself. It is the biggest on they have and It is already full..Go figure.

Check out the link

http://www.nextag.com/rubbermaid-storage-shed/search-html

3. tlwmsu

tlwmsu LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, even those would be frowned upon in my subdivision. Theoretically, however, if it wasn't viewable over the fence...:waving:

4. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

There are definitely "low profile" plastic sheds available that would easily stay under the fence line. I have one in my yard. We had to special order it in from Home Depot (they had pictures of it, but it was not a stock item).