1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Moving biz to new location

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Haulin' Grass, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Haulin' Grass

Haulin' Grass LawnSite Member
    from CT

Looking to expand into an area to boost work/get out of a saturated market. It's about a half hour away from me but very affluent. I just dreading the first mowing account that I've got to drive an hour to do. Any pointers on this ? I'm going to throw an ad in the paper and just build it like I did in my area. Do you think it would be worth looking into buying lawn accounts ??
  2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I did the same thing in MA. I marketed the Duxbury area while my business was central to Cape Cod at the time. The Duxbury idea worked out great. I used direct marketing and in the first season picked up enough work to make it worth while for a day or two. I sold everything.... business/home on CC and moved to Atlanta in 2003! Never looking back! Heard it's 67 and raining on CC today....I'll take this heat anyday over that nonsense!

Where in CT are you located? I went to college in Bridgeport back in the 80's.
  3. avjohnson

avjohnson LawnSite Member

Actually the weather's been GREAT this year so far. I'm in the Scituate area and love it here although it's pricy.