"Moving on up" 44"-52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Feb 2, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2 year old exmark 44" lazer z hp that I have found to be the best small residential mower ever, but the only other ZTR I have had was a 60 or 62" snapper. For my small residentials it was way too much mower and at the time couldn't justify the $6400 for the little time it saved me. I've been reading alot lately on here and think I am going to purchase a 52" exmark ZTR and possibly do away with my 44". The 44" is a good mower, but on the 2 acre plus yards it's a waste of time! What is everyones opinion on this thought??

Justin

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

why not keep the old mower to, then you have a back up or if you hire help you will need two anyways.

3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I've thought of that, but I already have a new 36" exmark, a few year old scag 36", the 44" ZTR, a 21" snapper and then ad a 52" to my 1.5 man company. The wife already says I spend WAY too much money on mowers (she doesn't understand each mower does something different) :D Would I gain much by going to a 52" ztr vs the 44?? And what motor should I get for on a 52"??

4. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

I use a 52 z right know residential. Can't use it when its wet on my residential. Going to get a 52 walkbehind to be a little easier on the smaller yards. I love it when its dry, its perfect. I can do 90% of my residential with my exmark z , 25 kolher.

5. Landscape Supply

Landscape Supply LawnSite Member

I've got a low hr. 52" Scag Tiger 23 liq kaw for sale. Give me a call. You've got my number.
    -Travis

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The time and effeciency difference from the 44" HP to the 52" will be pretty significant. The 52" has great manuverability in residentials and the speed is better for open areas. I cut a 2 acre church with the 52" HP in 35 minutes. I own a 48" w/b and the 52" HP on residential and open areas is much more productive.