Moving skids with 2000lbs fertilizer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Chipper36, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Chipper36

Chipper36 LawnSite Member

I'm a startup and storing my fertilizer inventory in my garage. Any suggestions on how to mechanically (I'm not Paul Bunyon) and cheaply move skids with 50-50lbs bags dropped in my driveway (compacted stone) inside my garage?

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

pallet jack

3. hardwork2

hardwork2 LawnSite Member

I work for a forklift dealership here in ky. Check your local dealers in your area. We always have used equipment I don't have the numbers handy but if you want i can get them tommorow. I know a electric pallet jack complete with charger should run you about 3500.00. Just a manual jack shouldn't be over a few hundred. If you want my e-mail is hardwork@midspring.com if I can be of further assistance

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Tractor supply sells forks for the front of : 4 wheelers it works with the winch

5. dank

dank LawnSite Member

You don't say how far the dropped skid is to your garage, but short of having a smooth surface you will encounter problems with any stones. If the distance is not too far and there isn't that much of a grade you could probably get away with having the skid dropped on a piece of plywood and then get a pallet jack to roll into your garage. Local prices for me for pallet jacks are ($150-200 used in Buy and Sell, $500 new.) If a method like this is do-able in your situation, a helper pushing while you pull would also helps out.

Dan

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u need 1 of theese

tree.jpg