Moving to Alabama

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by dnnhandyman, Oct 9, 2005.

1. dnnhandyman

dnnhandyman LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with some general info on Alabama. I am currently running a lawn and landscape biz in Sarasota, Fl, which is up for sale. My business here has done excellent and I really hate to leave. I am planning on moving to alabama in the 2 years or less. I want to get out of the reach of the hurricanes. Im just wanting to know what the industry is like there. How many months out of the year can I cut on a weekly basis, bi weekly basis and not at all basis. This would be very helpful to us. Then I can at least start my plans now. I am looking at the Huntsville area.

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I spent four years at the University of Alabama and I spent some time in just about every area of Alabama,except north west.

Huntsville has a lot of money because of the space center and industry. I think you can find some profitable area, but its going to be a lot different than florida.

I dated a girl that lived in the suburbs of Atlanta and I would recomend that area over huntsville. Lots and Lots of new construction and large estate type homes.

3. dnnhandyman

dnnhandyman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I will have to look into that!