moving to memphis

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by deltascapes, Oct 11, 2006.

1. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

My wife is transfered to Southhaven and I am going to put a spray tech, that has been with me for 10 years, over this business here and I going to start my business there. I am looking for help to startup my business. I am licensed in TN and MS. I am strictly a spray & fert business, I don't do any mowing. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. deltascapes

Here is a pic of the equipment. Trying to start my business in Desoto county or Germantown, Cordova, or Collierville

trucks3.jpg

3. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

Hey Delta, I am starting a lawn and landscape buisness in the same area. maybe we can co-op.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

please remember, you are not allowed to post an email address at the site...list your phone number so they can give you a call...or, once you have been a member for at least 10 days AND have made at least 10 posts, you can access the private message feature at the site and contact them that way

5. deltascapes

clip pm with a contact no.

6. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

im new to the site and it wont let me pm until i post like 10 times.

7. deltascapes

Wanting any suggestions or help for getting my business started in this area. I am licensed bonded and insured in both states. I am a small chemical applications business, we only do chemical applications. I am a sub- contractor for guys that do strictly mowing that want to add weed control to keep up with larger lawn care businesses that offer both

8. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

Hello. I service the Memphis area as well. Welcome to Memphis. Living here all my life I have noticed in the last 3 years or so lawn maintenance companies have probably tripled in the area, this going for both mowing and chemical apps. Just get your name out there. There are many ways to advertise. I am personally involved with the Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce. Germantown also has one. These are a few key was of getting your name put out there.

The next thing on my list is to get involved with a BNI group, which is basically a referral group. From the people i have talked to that are currently involved it can bring you a lot of business. I hope maybe possibly we can network if you don't already have a memphis company that you refer landscaping, maintenance, and tree work to.

9. john.wardii

john.wardii LawnSite Member

I am also diving into the market in the same areas this year. We are going to start small just running residential services (mowing, edging, weed-eating, ect). and see where it takes us over the next few years. I have just recently returned from the Middle East with the US Army and am looking forward to working for myself for a while. If any of you guys who concentrate on commercial work get any leads on residentials that you dont want to deal with, I would love to take it and we can work out finders fees or however you want to work it. I will certainly return the favor with spray and fertilizer work. I have some good connections for getting started so stay in touch. I will check in on the site often and my cell# is (901) 378-8203 if any of you want to chat my name is John. Give me a call.

10. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

Hey John. Do you do tree work or need to network with someone that does? Let me know.