moving to Mooresville area NC need work

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ChipsEarthWorks, Jan 11, 2006.

1. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks LawnSite Member
    from ct

Hello iam poss starting school in April to be a auto mechanic I will be attending The Nascar tech Institute in Mooresville and I am inquiring in any openings that may be open in that area. I would be looking for partime during the week and any time on weekends, I will be down there for at least a year maybe permanently if i like the area, I have lawn care,dump truck exp,also have my class b cdl, I can run skid steers pretty well, and i am a hard worker,

I would be able to start any time after the middle of march, If you guys need help or know anyone looking for help please pm and we can talk.

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I hope your not going to nascar tech to learn how to work in nascar. you will learn how to work at a dealership more than you will for a team. I worked for several teams before i just got tired of ti and needed a change of pace. alot of these young guys are at a huge disadvantage because the school doesnt go over well with alot of shops. the job market is overflooded big time with teams shutting down and experinced guys will get hired first everytime. these teams get around 200 resumes a week, alot of them from nascar tech. its a tough industry and a pain in the ass to work for. thats for sure.
    not to mention that the teams dont pay the nascar tech guys alot because they know they are dime a dozen. i worked with several guys that were from that shool and they didnt like it very well and the knowledge they had about nascar style building was extremly limited to basic fabrication knowledge. all in all the school is a crap shoot if you want to go to work for some teams.

3. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks LawnSite Member
    from ct

Yeah I already have been told about the pros&cons about the school, just had a couple of friends graduate from there, I know it is a hard market to get into but I look at it this way you got to start some where. I am just looking to try and locate work down there, and the pickings from what I saw are slim, plus i still have to come up with the "relocation money" so it is going to be tight but i hope it works out for me.

4. Guthrie&Co

from nc

check out john deere jandscapes. they are pretty close to the school and and i would think they would be willing to work with a school schedule more.

5. Guthrie&Co

from nc

can i make a sugesstion to ya? i would look at catawba valley comunity college. they have a motorsprots program that would deal with just the racing end of everything. not to mention that the cost of living is alot cheaper in hickory than it will be in mooresville. its only about 45min away from mooresville. i went thought the preogram here in hickory and i thought that it was much better and cost less than nascar tech.