Moving to Norcross Ga

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by illegalandnotinsured, Jan 29, 2007.

1. illegalandnotinsured

illegalandnotinsured LawnSite Member

How is the residential market in Atlanta, Ga? Need insurance information, pesticide license info, etc...Anybody licensed in that area?

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Moving TO Norcross, yougotobekiddin me, Most people MOVE from Norcross! I lived there right before all the gang activity became a huge problem, but if you don't mind having your property spray painted with graffiti, go for it, BTW, Is your name true? (Illegal and un insured?)If so you should fit in just fine! LOL
    Theres alot of work in that area, I would concentrate on the Peachtree Corner area off Jimmy Carter Blvd and Hwy 141, but there are tons of homes in that area and your close to downtown Atl. also. A good Exmark dealer in the area is Howard Bros. Hardware store in Duluth. Lesco in Doraville to. Good luck

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Norcross is a busy place....really is becoming overgrown, but a good area to set up shop.....but keep in mind, there are alot of lower ballers (Mexican owned LCO in that area that will cut a lawn for $10 bucks) you will have to deal with.....But as for as Pesticide Info, Ga Dept of Ag......all the info you will need.....really easy to obtain, just takes a little of your time each year plus a few bucks......Good Luck....I service Southwest Atlanta...Near the Airport.

4. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

ARE YOU KIDDING????

DO NOT move to Norcross!!! My fire station is in Norcross. The gang activity and violence and crime in general is epidemic!!! The area MIGHT be livable in about 15 years...but not right now.

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm back,(davek) thanks for affirming my first post on Norcross Firescooby, I now live in Statham just over onto the Oconee Co. line and love it. Seroiusly, I'd stay clear of Norcross, to many nice towns to live in, Alpharetta, Cumming, Duluth, some parts, But the one person who wrote about the Mexicans low balling is absolutely correct, but you get that everywhere.

6. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. It's the pits ! Many,many years ago we looked at houses in that area of Gwinnett and I'm so glad we did'nt buy in that area. Back then it was not a bad area, but I was turned off by the I-85 traffic and it being the only way out of the area.Traffic was already getting bad back then.I'm so glad I listened to my inner voice and didn't buy.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

8. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Norcross is the home of a bunch of crack hotels right off the Jimmy Carter Blvd. exit, Mexican Flee Markets, and all the traffic you can ask for. There 's absolutely nothing appealing about Norcross. I lived there for 6 months and ran!

9. illegalandnotinsured

illegalandnotinsured LawnSite Member

Okay Okay I get it. Norcross is no good. Maybe I should look into Cumming. I know the traffic in Alpharetta is crazy...also too many people who live off credit cards. Maybe Marietta or West Cobb or East Cobb? Also, how bout that license for pesticides..Firescooby, are you licensed and insured? How much do you pay for the insurance?