moving to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCARE05, Jul 30, 2006.

1. PROCARE05

PROCARE05 LawnSite Member

I live in the Tampa Bay area where there are 10 LCO's for every house. I am moving just north of the knoxville area. I was wondering how the market is up there and what the going rate is for 5-10k size lots

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Tennessee, but I can't say for Knoxville. I charge between $28 - $38 for this size property.

Why are you moving to the Knoxville area?... you're gonna be further from the beach.

3. PROCARE05

I have lived here my whole life I hate the beach and the hurricanes, but most of all I hate the homeowners ins.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Lol, homeowner ins. down in Florida is getting out of hand, actually it is up here too, because of Florida.

Did you here the story about the big shot from State Farm who built the 4 million dollar house in Central Florida and State Farm wouldn't even insure it.

5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

amen to that.

Tennessee is a beautiful place.

i would like to relocate there or North Carolina myself.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

People are a little less affluent and more laid back. You will probably have to get a larger route to keep busy and the conditions (hills, ditches, banks, grass types, etc.) will take a little getting used to. What kind of equipment do you run. Not many small gated back yards here.

7. PROCARE05

I only do res. down here. I have a Toro 36wb

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Knoxville is rolling land mostly but go a few miles North and you hit mountains again. Very nice area, I think you will like it and the friendly people. May have to change or upgrade your equipment depending on the community. I live on the other side of the Cumberland Mountains. Should be a better market along the I-75 corridor near Knoxville. You will need to paint all your equipment orange to fit in well around Knoxville. They are die hard Tennessee fans there.