Moving?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Mar 14, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I work out of a storage space. Right now I've got a 10 by 30. Front and back door. Problem is, I'm running outta room. I have the option of moving to a 20 by 20 space, or a 20 by 30 space. 20 by 20 is $40 more per month, the 20 by 30 is about $90 more. The 20 by 20 space is closer to the front of the storage lot, further away from my trailer parking space in back. The 20 by 30 is two doors down from where I am now. Closer to the front gets more traffic from the 'civilian' residents, who are always in my way when loading/unloading. Back where I am now it's pretty slow and I don't have a lot of problems.

I am leaning to the 20 by 20 space, it's cheaper and I think big enough to do the trick for now. But I hate moving and if I keep growing and adding equipment, I might have to move in a year or two all over again. Plus the bigger of the two is closer to me.

So I'm undecided. I wish it were a $$ only question, but there's more to it than that. Any thoughts?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

can you get by another year? Have you thought about looking at other options?

3. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering how much a 20 x 20 runs you??

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

The 20 by 20 goes for $270. The 20 by 30 goes for $320.

I could try to get by this year, but I am so tight on room right now it's not funny. I can probably arrange my equipment to get it all in, but then I wouldn't be able to work in there without taking out equipment, and certainly not during rain days, etc.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if you don't think that you can find another storage location then upgrade to the 20 by 20. But you are only gaining 100 sq ft in space from your old.