mow an vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by money, Jul 1, 2001.

1. money

money LawnSite Member

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO THINK EVERBODY FOR A WONDERFUL SITE I
    HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FORM THIS ONE SITE.

I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS BUSINESS AND WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE LEAVE
    PICK UP IN THE FALL. I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THIS MACHINE MADE BY AGRI
    FAB CALLED MOW-N-VAC. AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD TELL ME HOW
    GOOD DOES IT WORK AND DO YOU RECOMMEND GETTING ONE. MY LOCAL TRACTOR
    SUPPLY STORE CARRYS THEM.
    THANK YOU FOR ANY INFORMATION:confused:

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Change to small caps!

I don't know what that is but it would probably be cheaper just to get a bagger for whatever mower your using. Try mulching them too.

What mower are you using?

3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I think the machine you are talking about is the same one I use. I purchased it last year for leaf removal. I used the heck out of it. I used it behind my Toro ZTR. Of course you can not do zero turns with it because it is a tow behind. I made a ramp so that I could back the vac up onto my trailer, up the ramp and dump in the truck. This worked pretty good. The vacuum part worked pretty good. I would at times just vacuum the leaves right off the ground instead of mowing over them, expecially in natural areas. I sucked up a lot of leaves last year with it.

I am not sure what you are going to use this on but I would suggest you purchase a true commercial vac for it. I am hoping to purchase one this year for my ZTR. Even though this is a good machine it is designed for homeowner use only. I do not think it will last me through this year if I use it as much as I did last year.

Good luck on your search.

4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I was wondering about machines like this too. Cub Cadet has a self propelled vac/chipper/shredder that looks pretty heavy duty. Has anyone used the machines like that, self contained, self propelled?

5. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Thought I'd bring this back up since its getting to be that time of year. My question; has anyone else used the Agri Fab mow and vac? I know it's not a commercial model but it is half the cost of a Trac Vac. I looked at the mow and vac, it has a briggs engine and steel impellar, is the Trac Vac worth twice the money? Since this will be my first year of leaf removal I'm not sure how much money I can make in my area. Thanks for any help

6. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Anyone???

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sorry--not me but I am interested in the info if you find out anything.

GEO