Mow and Carry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wooley99, Jan 21, 2008.

1. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

For those that mow and carry. What/how do you carry?

In the summer I sweat like 4 hogs, wear swim trunks (cut like cargo pants) and change t-shirts a minimum of every customer.

I don't even carry my keys in my pocket (cord around my neck). I could put a pocket pistol in a gardener's pouch I think but normal ccw rules just don't apply.

What do you do?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Cut grass and go home. No change of clothes and the keys stay hidden in the truck.
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

when it breaks 101, I carry myself home
  4. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I had an employee last year that brought 4 shirts with him every day. MY company shirt was the first to go by 9am.
    The time it took for him to change, dry off and adjust his MP3 player, I could of ate lunch.
    After a week I told him to get a job in air conditioning.
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Very hot and humid where you work, carrying would be a challenge.

Have you considered one of these? It would be very hot and sweaty, but I don't see an alternative.

I guess, you could move it back and forth a bit from side to side, but it would still get very sweaty underneath.

6. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

why do you need to carry a gun while mowing anyway?
  7. griffin_73

griffin_73 LawnSite Member

wooley99 just some general knowledge for you hogs dont actually sweet at all thats why they lay in mud when they get to hot they just fall over and die. and yes i no that has nothin to do with lawncare at all.
  8. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey why are you wanting to carry while mowing. I can tell you from other experiences that if you are in a roungh area people can tell you are scared if you are packing. If you worry about the money you carry then start billing your customers. When I am out mowing the last thing I want to have to worry about is the fact that I have a gun on me. Leave it at home
  9. Stillwater

Now please, what could you possibly need with you while mowing a lawn that would require a fanny pack man purse.

HEY LOOK AT THAT GUY!!! mowing with the man purse fanny pack.

I was just at Disney World and was tired of carrying everybodys crap I thought of a fanny pack for 1 nano second. Then thought, I would shoot myself in the face before, I become one of those fanny pack man purse wearing guys.
  10. Stillwater

carry a gun while mowing? oh please............ Time to place you on ingnore....