Mow and Go software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nitro121, Jan 18, 2007.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I started a full time JustMowIt type business last year and I got very unorganized. I'm looking for software for the mow and go types. I looked on some of the websites that deal w/ landscaping software....but I don't need all the options. I don't do cleanups, treat lawns, hardscape, etc....just mow.

I just got a free copy of quickbooks 2007 (classic I guess, not quickstart, not Pro). Will that do the job? I thought about getting gopher but reading past threads on software it doesn't seem very good. I don't want to spend a grand either.

Peace,
    Gary

2. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

I run quickbooks it is very simple to use and fast, it should be more than adequate for your needs, and it has plenty of room to grow into

3. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I have quick books pro. It is very is to use, you just make out a bill with what ever you want on it.

4. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Or do I need something like lawnpro...I just read on another post it's good for just mowing.....does that do billing also? Then I wouldn't need QB at all?

V/r
    Gary

5. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

invoicing & estimates pro:dancing: @ sams club $60.00

6. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

when you are doing large volume of service per day then QB has serious draw backs. Thats why we use Lawn Assistant III you can scan the work into the system or better yet get some handheld units. Billing is the most common thing LCO get backed up on.