Mow and go type biz

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by racer56, Dec 13, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Trying to understand how this type of plan works. I get the fact it is based on volume but how do you get started doing that? Without alot of folks on that type of plan you couldn't make enough money. I thought about a crew doing nothing at all but mowing. We are starting over in a new area and I think something like this will work here. In this area a few companies do only a few things only like sprinkler systems only or landscape install only or sod only so my point is they would send alot of work my way if I don't compete against them on other stuff. It seems like the high end stuff is so low balled that more money is to be made just mowing. Any thoughts?

2. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Any thoughts?

3. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Catchy name - you do see guys w/ their names on the truck but it's usually a name like, mow and go, just mow it, and others...seems they are doing well.

Lots of advertising - even if just parking your truck at busy intersections so people see your name

Straight up pricing - it cost this much for this size, this for that....and being $33 a cut when you used to charge 35 or 40 per yard.

Got 85 current customers in 2 seasons so far. Cut over 120 last season but they were 1 time cuts and realtors and stuff.

Gary