Mow any famous places?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

We've had the threads asking if you mow lawns or do landscaping for any famous people.....but does anyone mow any famous PLACES? Unfortunately, I have yet to.

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Vibe Ray - Get a Flex-Deck and maybe the famous people will call LOL LOL.

3. Vibe Ray

You are too corny!.....BTW, I want the famous places to call, not the famous people.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Brad-What's with the constant sales pitch? I don't know about everyone else, but it's getting quite old to me. I don't mean to be a jerk, but almost every thread about some mower or something you have to put something about Flex-Deck in there. Don't get me wrong, the product is great, I've just heard about it way too much. JMHO.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Scag48 - You are right - think I will just disappear for a few days and see if anything happens.

Thanks, Brad

6. Vibe Ray

Aww...come on! He's just doin' his job, just like we do. And he's probably just giving HIS honest opinion just as you said in your own words....."JMHO" I don't mind as long as he doesn't start changing the the whole "feel" of the thread and everyone forgets what we were talking about and we lose other people's honest opinions on the topic of the thread.

7. Vibe Ray

Awww.....don't leave! We'd miss ya! Way to go Scag48!!! You hurt his feelings!!!

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. I didn't tell him to leave, just tone down the sales pitch. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be honest. Sometimes it does change the whole thread. The one with the guy with his hustler that does 10 MPH and LGF was on there and it was a big "I'll whoop your ***-fest".

9. Vibe Ray

I definitely agree with that.....I mean I understand it, conversation usually leads to many topics all the time.....but I feel that here on lawnsite, we should try to stick to the topic of the thread a little more.......if people wanna talk about something that a thread has triggered them to think about or wanna talk about, then they by all means, you have every right to.....but the respectful thing to do would be is to start a new thread with that thought being the topic. I honestly feel it robs the thread creator of the information they were trying to obtain (sometimes, not all threads)....so what happens is you have to do a search to get the info cuz you don't wanna get ragged on for creating two threads of the same topic right after each other. Then when you do, you have to sort through many other threads that have the same exact problems.....meaning that the thread may be called "Mow any famous places?", when actually all they talk about is changing topics or toe jam, etc.!

10. Vibe Ray

As far as Flex-Deck's plugging....It's cool w/ me as long as it at least fit's the topic a little, but if it ends up changing the subject of the thread, such as I was just talking about, then I would think it is wrong.