Mow-Deck Spray

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AssuredServicesCo, Sep 9, 2005.

1. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the spray for the underside of the mower deck to prevent grass from sticking to the deck. This sticking is a huge problem when mowing thick ryegrass in the winter. Thanks

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

i use slip plate from the Jd dealer but someone said you could find somthig just as good elsewhere never had heard of it though

3. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I would assume that you are talking about the paint we used to use in our gravity wagons to help the grain slide out. It has been too long since I have used this stuff to remember how long it will hold up. How long does it last on the underside of your mower deck?

4. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

It's a spray I saw on this site under products. Just wandered if anyone uses it. It's about 7 or 8 dollars a can. Thanks

5. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Mo-Deck from Mow More is $6.99 per can.

Spray Vegetable Oil will work too.

6. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

EZ-SLIDE works great for me. Haven't had to scrape deck at all this season.

7. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

yup im talkin about the stuff you spray in gravity wagons, when i worked for JD we coated the tanks on the combines with it instead of repainting them green, i think it runs about 5-6 bucks a can it can also be bought by the quart or the gallon

8. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

hey sprouls where in indiana you at??

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have the stuff on my exmark, seems to work great after only two coats. The can of it was $7.95 but was worth it. It isn't going to be a complete preventative of crap stticking under the deck but it sure helps ALOT!! Just my 2 cents, good luck!

10. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I use mo-deck on my mowers. It does not prevent builup but it does make scraping alot easier. Make sure you get the deck as clean as possible before applying.