Mow Ease

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, Sep 21, 2000.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Does anyone know any websites that sell Mow ease. Does this stuff really work if so how long and how much is it. Also would like to find some catalogues with mowing products for sale in them. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Banzaitoy

Banzaitoy LawnSite Member

Is this the same type of product as Slip-plate?

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I used it and got it from Landscaperssupply.com.
    I wasn't thrilled with it. I think it is mostly made of diesel fuel.

jeffyr

4. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

For all your supply needs check out www.mowmore.com they carry mowease and belt,blades and everything else you can think of for our business. Hope this helps. Mowman

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

MowEze is relatively expensive & it doesn't work too well. Try vegetable cooking spray. Don't buy Pam or others at supermarket, also expensive. Go to wholesale club like BJ's Sam's etc and buy the industrial stuff by the case. Lasts longer, works better, and a case of 6 cans is probably the same price as 1 container of MowEze.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Moweze will work for a little while after its applied. If the grass does stick, it will scrap off easy. For optimum performance, you would have to clean your deck 100% every day, then spray it on.

7. CandJ

CandJ LawnSite Member

Moweze doesn't work even close to what it is advertised. (50 acres of mowing without sticking) It is much less expensive to clean your deck daily and use a spray lubricant like WD 40. Wal mart has an off brand spray lube that is not expensive. Works a lot better.

8. adonovan

adonovan LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Don't waste your $$ with the Mow ease, it is a waste of time
    and energy. It works for a 1/2 day, and then you have to
    rescrape and reapply when dry. I bought 2 bottles and BOTH
    bottles got jammed up at the nozzle. Sent it back to MowMore for a refund. I'm gonna try wd40 or cooking spray, but I have a feeling nothing works quite as well as a scraper!

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I bought it,and it doesnt work at all.My deck was still plugging up,even in the dry grass.I think some mowers plug more than others and there's nothing you can do,but scrape,and never buy another one.

10. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

OK when I made my earlier post I was under the assumption that we all knew that we're going to have to scrape no matter what. John, you make a good point. I've seen great differences in how much sticking happens with the different decks I have dealt with. The point to spraying is that there will be a longer time before scraping & more importantly, the stuff will scrape off with less effort. I've tried WD-40 & other such products & MowEze & they definitely didn't spray on or work as well the food spray I mentioned in my earlier post. (plus they are more expensive) Try it. Other ideas mentioned at this forum were diesel fuel & vaseline. I haven't tried either of those. Have fun scraping! This part of this business is by far my most hated :(