Mow-Eze, Grass Repellent. Anybody try it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bo Jack, May 15, 2001.

1. Bo Jack

Bo Jack LawnSite Member
    from midwest

See that landscaper supply has this product,claims to keep grass from sticking to blades & deck.Does it work as well as it sounds?:confused:
  2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

never tried it but a guy just told me about something he cooking oil spray...anyone else heard of this??.... I think I will give it a try
  3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Yes, Mow-eze works...saved time on cleaning

Tried cooking oil spray... it caused a mess of gnats. :(
  4. i tried the stuff a couple of years back on my walk behind. it didnt work. i still have a big bottle of the stuff if anyone wants it.
  5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Bottle? The stuff I used was called mo-deck and came in a spray can.

It is a polymer coating.
  6. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Go to a farmers store like Southern States or Rural King, and buy the lubrication they put on gravity flow wagons. This stuff keeps the grain from sticking to the sides of the wagon...Stuff is as slick as snot........And a whole lot cheaper...About 3 dollors a can
  7. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Got about 5 spray bottles still full. My guys used it and nobody could tell the difference. We followed the directions. The only thing I saw was a waste of man hours.:(
  8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I bought four cans recently and tried the stuff. I cleaned the deck really well, sprayed it on liberally, and found it easier to clean when the deck got loaded with grass. But after the first cleaning, there wasn't any benefit. If I have to clean the deck this well, every time, and then have to re-spray every time, I have wasted my money. I think I wasted my money.
  9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Save your money, mow'eze is a waste of money in my opinion. Just keep your scraper handy and use it twice daily until the grass dries out and that's usually around the first of June. Lynn