1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mow part-time, work another job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there mow part-time and work another job? I deliver pizza in the evening. All the potential profit from the lawn service just goes back in to get bigger, newer equipment. I own my service and have 2 employees, me + myself.. Total: me myself and I. Heard that one on Giligans Island.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

fulltime firefighter.......part-time LCO....
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You'll find that the majority of the members here work a full time job and mow part time.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

screw the working part time jobs from now on. i wanna be like rodfather and take long vacations during the winter, not work for 6 bucks an hour... this is my last year of working anything but lawn care.. i'm taking the plunge next spring. everyone wish me luck.... :)
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Now, don't be spreading those vicious rumors about me lawnwizards. In fact, it's VERY long vacations sir LOL.
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

I stand corrected. :D
  7. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

Full time paramedic, part time LCO. The sad thing is I make more money mowing. Go figure.
  8. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

Full time SAR flight paramedic, part time street paramedic, part time (sometimes seems more like full time) LCO. Looking to S-L-O-W-L-Y make the transition to full time LCO in the next 3 years & still ride the truck part time for fun.

9. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Engineer full time. LCO part time. I want to get into the business in the next couple of years. hopefully grow the business to full time with employees. just my dream. to work thru the summer then play in the winter. i also would like to move to florida. sanibel, fort myers, etc. and run the business there. again, just another dream/goal.
  10. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

GOOD LUCK!!! I am right behind you next year.Only difference is I make 16 bucks an hour at my job :blob3: