1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mow repo homes until they are sold?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bedbug, Mar 25, 2007.

1. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Has anyone worked with a homeowner or bank to maintain property until it sells Looks Like a huge markets is available.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think the cities are behind this.

3. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

They don't pay enough and they will make you drive a long long way for one over sized / under priced yard.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

And likely over grown

5. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

And chains, cables, rocks, bricks, dog leashes and a ton of other thing waiting for you mower in 14" grass.

6. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

the housing market is loaded with homes for for closure ,the real estate broker and banks need this property to look good ,who is doing this and how are you getting paid?

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We do work for a house flipper here. We try to maintain a schedule for them. It kinda get screwy sometimes. They pay for it thou. After we have removed the bricks and dog leashes and dead bodies lol. The new installs make some good money.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, that's part of my business some years. I have had to bring in a tractor the first time. Once I had to haul the grass away on a farm wagon (subbed all that out). But I charged high and they paid, what choice do some of them have. I has to look good to sell. After the hard work is done you have good money mowing until it sells.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

if they didn't have the money to keep the house current and pay the mortgage, do you REALLY think they'll pay you to mow the grass?

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The bank or company that handles the foreclosure has plenty of money and you are making them money by making the property more attractive to buyers. The banks and companies I've done this for have always paid what I asked. Never a problem. I sub out any work that I don't specialize in such as cleaning up trash, bush hog, etc. add my fee on top of that and send them a bill. It is no trouble finding someone to help clean up these messes. Its good business and pays better than standard residential after you get it in good mowing condition.