1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mow the grass RIGHT or i'll beat you with this baseball bat!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FLAhaulboy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Boss Charged With Beating Landscaper With Bat

POSTED: 8:58 am EDT August 24, 2006
    UPDATED: 9:18 am EDT August 24, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- St. Johns County authorities said a Hollywood man is under arrest for using an aluminum bat to beat a man working for him on a landscaping crew.

Sheriff's officials said Lance Wamley, 26, confronted Eric Torres, 23, because Wamley didn't like the way he was cutting grass.

Witnesses said the two got in a fight that a co-worker broke up. Authorities said Wamley went to his truck and came back with the bat. He allegedly threatened Torres and another co-worker who tried to intervene.

According to police, Torres was hit several times in his chest, the back of his head and his arm before a co-worker took a hammer and stood between the two. Torres was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Wamley is charged with aggravated battery and aggravated assault with deadly intent.
  2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

in the great tradition of beavis and butthead

"landscaper baseball"

3. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

this florida heat will make anyone do weird stuff, why i once beat my weedeater to death...years ago. nobody saw me do it so i wasnt charged
    with " assault against a weedeater".:drinkup: