Mow then Trim or Trim then Mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ferrante/TDF, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Ferrante/TDF

Ferrante/TDF LawnSite Member

I recently just started to mow with a 44'" wb and I was wondering if you guy's mow then trim or trim then mow since I have not been using this wb long i have switched from my trim then mow and now I seem to like the mow then trim I was wondering what you guy's do and I know that most of you have more than one guy well there it is interested to see what you guys have to say

Thanks for reading and have a fun and safe 4th
    God Bless the US!!!

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I edge, trim and then mow, blow clean. On st. Augustine, I personally get a cleaner, more defined edge when I edge first.

3. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

I wondered the same, I switched to mowing first and trimming later after getting my ztr. Keeps me from trimming too much trying to compensate for where I can't get the mower. I spread the excess grass with my blower in the end

4. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Mow, Trim, Edge then blow before leaving job performed checklist on the door.

5. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

For me it depends on whether it's a clean-up (first service) or if it's been / being regularly serviced by me or another LCO. Clean-ups I edge first because I can run over the cutoff's with the Dixie and dust em. Anything else get's mowed first then edged, trimmed, blown.

6. Yamaharacer989

Yamaharacer989 LawnSite Member

Edge, Mow, Trim, Blow... it rymes.

7. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

I agree with you Yamaha...edge, mow, trim, blow! It works very well on our accounts in the Queen City.

8. Yamaharacer989

Yamaharacer989 LawnSite Member

Us NC guys know whats up.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Trim and then mow. Usually I don't have to get the blower out if I'm halfway careful.

Still haven't edged in 17 years.

I must be a scrub, huh???

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on what floats your boat, try one, then the other, see which you like best.

As for me: mow + trim + blow + round-up

mow-trim-blow rhymes too.
    +++++++++++++