Mowed Wrong Lot!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy349, Apr 25, 2007.

1. lawnboy349

lawnboy349 LawnSite Member

I had a guy call me to give him a bid on a church in my town and he said that there was about 1.5 acres to mow. I went to the church and measured the area and i came to about an acre. There was a ditch and then a lot above it so i measured that and it was about half and acre. So that was my 1.5 acres. It seemed weird to me to be divided like that so on the phone i specifically asked him if he wanted the lot above the ditch mowed. He said yes. I charged $180 for everything (pretty hilly terrain). So today i get a call and he says that the upper lot wasn't part of the church and it didn't make any sense that it would be. Also said I hadn't said anything about mowing the lot above the ditch. So tomorow I'm going to meet him there to make sure we have the boundaries correct. I believe everything else i mowed was correct but just want to confirm. so my question is would you guys still charge the same amount $180 or reduce it a little since i won't be mowing as much. I kind of feel like keeping it the same since they already accepted.

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Haha, I think I would keep it the same or only decrease it by $10. Tell him the majority of the cost is rolled up in just showing up!

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Perfect answer!

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

had guys plow the wrong lot two winters ago they figured it out called me and asked what they should do....told them to plow the lot back over

5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

lol... I had the same problem 2 years ago. We plowed the wrong account for over 2 months...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny thing is, they called us and asked us for the deluxe service because we were'nt coming out often enough...

So we charged them more and finally plowed it from then on when we found out our mistake...:laugh: :laugh:

6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

yep fertilized the wrong house 1 time. No house numbers on the homes, and 3 mail boxes in 1 lawn. house matched description customer gave better than his house. Got done left and then the homeowner calls and said I had the wrong house. shes said she saw me out the window and wondered what I was doing. LOL she couldn't tell? but hey it happens and it makes you more aware and now check it out or ask a few more questions.

7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Potential client wanted quote. Got in car drove all the way to the rd. name he gave me and kept on driving into the next state following the addresses. Could not find the exact address on this main hyway and returned across the border and checked with filling station. Turns out that the exact same named hyway rd. is a lil private drive on the far N. side of the town. Found the property and gave estimate. This was of course after hours and hours of driving. Lesson learned. Map-it is now a tool that gets used allot.

C.