mower ban

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cmower, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cmower

cmower LawnSite Member

I thought gpdesign1 was bullshatn about pelosi trying to ban gas powered mowers, but according to some states in may be true. go to the ferris website and look at their new line of mowers and read the article. they have a propane powered mower for states that restrict gas powered machines after 1pm on certain days.somthing new to me.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

O man...this is some bad news.

3. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

This is on Ozone action days and it is only voluntary to do so. read up on Ozone action days.

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

ready :cool2:

reel_mower.jpg

5. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

6. D-Gul

D-Gul LawnSite Member

thats a lot of snow there

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

You may not like LP power mowers but they allow LCOs to mow during the times of days when gas powered equipment is not allowed. I have LP powered Z mowers in stock at my dealership.

Oldtimer

8. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

No LCO in his right mind would mow with that, lets not get carried away here there's no ban on mowers.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Better be careful what you say isn't that guy in VP position in Washington from somewhere near your area? He might want to clean things up in his area by giving them a bunch of money under some clean up the air hand out.

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

At this point, there is no really good alternative to gas powered mowers. Yes there are propane mowers, but the availability of it is no where near the availability of gas/diesel. Exlectric lawn mowers have a very long way to come before any commercial LCO would consider purchasing one. At this time gas/diesel mowers are the only choice for fuels, unless you want to have the headache of running a propane mower.