1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower Blade Service For LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Jul 19, 2002.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

was just reading a post about blade sharpening and got a idea.

what if a guy started a service where a local LCO could stop in drop off his dull blades and pick up freshly sharpened blades for all his mowers for the week could almost be like a rental service so if blades are bent or used to the point where new ones are needed the LCO would not have to worry about it they would just get newly sharpend blades that they know are not bent and sharpened and balanced

not sure what the cost would be to make it worth while to the service and the LCO but im sure we can toss around some ideas.

not sure what id pay but i know it would be nice to have sharp blades daily and not have to do it myself 11 blades a day for 5 days is 55 blades not sure how long that would take to sharpen all them but i know i could be sipping a cocktail instead :D
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if the lco population was great enough.
    the job was first class, and price right ,mabe. might even be able to make a daily rt of pick up an delivery so they gottum to slap on first thing in the morn.
    one thing tho ,a lot of lco s dont keep their blades sharp. some ofum wait until
    the bld is just about flat an chewed up .
    ive seen it ,or i wouldnt believe it.
    guess these would pay triple huh. good luck.u never know what will catch on.
  3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

thats my point some guys just hate to sharpen there blades