mower blue book

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jlcare, Nov 17, 2003.

1. jlcare

jlcare LawnSite Member

I know this subject has been brought up before, but does anybody know of a website or book that is published that gives values on mowers and other equipment? None of the old threads help. I talked to a dealer today that said he ordered a blue book and should receive it this week. Do any of you guys know if there is one out there somewhere?

2. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Yes their is one out their, but don't know where to get it. My local lawn equipment store has one and whenever I am selling or buying something I look it up in their.

Adam

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

There is a book that most dealers have. We have one too. I'm not sure if it is normally sold to the public.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Who in the world cares????

A mower could be worth 5,000 or 500 even if it had 400 hours on it. The condition is the part where you have to judge. Also did it belong to a huge co. who had 10 different guys running it or did it belong to a solo who cared for it?

Book values are worthless. Not my opinion. My fact.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Only thing a book value is good for is maybe big farm tractors, or non commercial compact tractors.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

7. jlcare

jlcare LawnSite Member

Barkleymut, I care that's who cares or I would not have asked! Stop being a jerk and try to give useful information! BY THE WAY, YOU'RE FACT DOES'NT MEAN JACK TO ME!

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I believe what we are getting at, is that equipment that originally costs less than $10K is much easier to estimate then something say like a $80K Toro 580.

If your off by a couple hundred on a $4K used ZTR, its not the end of the world....However......If your off $20K on a Big machine as stated above....YOUR WAY OFF!

9. jlcare

jlcare LawnSite Member

TLS, I only needed a legal way to judge the value of my equipment for legal reasons. I know what my equipment is worth but I have to have it verified by an authoritative source, that's all. By the way, that last post of mine was meant for barkleymut only, not for you. Hope I did'nt offend you. As far as Barkleymut....Some peoples children!

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

No offense taken.

But, what, did Barkleymut go pee pee in your Wheaties at some point?

Anyways....

For insurance reasons?

Or for collateral ?

For small equipment I really don't know if any method would be considered "authoritative source".