Mower bogging down?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Nov 4, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

*trucewhiteflag* Hey all, I have a question for you. I have a exmark wb with a 19 hp kaw that has only 125 hours that has just started to bog down really bad when I engage the blades. the mower is almost one year old. It runs fine after the blades get to full speed. What could be causing this?
  2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

dont worry about the cause, its under warranty, bring it back and have them fix it
  3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

is it the metro 26 ? mine started to bog down last week . worker had to push it a little to get it moving. was a pain so i took it to my bus. partners auto repair shop and did a tune up on it. oil was real low and the belts were every used , no maintenance in one year. after changing out the belts it no longer bogs down and is very fast now . our goal is to do maintenance on a regular routine to avoid this problem.
  4. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

are they the factory blades? are you engaging them in the grass or out of the grass?
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Forget it, quick, RUN to the dealer before the warranty runs out, let them deal with it.

That is, I assume you do have a clean pre-cleaner, and recently replaced the air filter and spark plug.
    It's that once a year stuff, it might be about that time for it.
    But don't fool with it much, air filter and spark plug and pre-cleaner, maybe the fuel filter and make sure the oil isn't black.
    If that all checks out, 1/2 hour later I would be for loading it up and run it to the dealer like Monday AM

That's all you can do, all you want to do, check out the simple stuff, if that's not it off she goes.