1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower Choosing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngone07, May 7, 2008.

1. Youngone07

Youngone07 LawnSite Member

Ive been using gear driven walk behinds and im ready to step up to the bigger mowers, but one problem....... theres so many to choose from!!!!
    I need help, big time. Im a northeastern ohio landscaper and deal with changing conditions on a daily basis. I have a billy goat 33'' finish mower and am proud of the results so far but im lookin at zero-turn sit downs and zero turn standers. My options are wright, exmark, scag which i only hear good things, exmark, bunton, and bob-cat. I cut only weekends but i have big lawns i have ten $50-100 dollar lawns, and keeps growing help me out guys
  2. willider

willider LawnSite Member

Nothing runs like a Deere!!!!
  3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

How big are the yards? All of the first three are great mowers.
  4. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Scag! They are the best.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Cubcadet commercial TANK. The best mower out there at a reasonable price.
  6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

SCAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply the best!
  7. TandM

from south

another vote for scag.
  8. Youngone07

Youngone07 LawnSite Member

the lawns are about quarter acre to 2 acres
  9. Integritylawncare

Integritylawncare LawnSite Member

I was in a similar situation at the start of the season. I was looking at a 60" Turf Tracer but I kept my eye on ebay and bought a Scag.
    Choose something you can get service close by. Think about a grass/leaf collection system. I lost out on income because I could not efficiently do large spring/fall cleanups on large properties. No more!.

SCAG promo 1.9% for 48 months
  10. TandM

from south

Sounds Like a 48 inch tiger cub would fit you perfect. Scag is very dependable and give a great cut with the velocity deck. Geat adaptive mower.