mower cleaning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Jun 23, 2008.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i want to clean my mowers, but dont feel like banging up my fingers with all those tight spots and nuts and bolts with a sponge. is there a spray then hose off item out there? what do you guys use?

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sponge???WTF????

Just blow everything off, then wash it down, then blow it again, spray some Fluid Film on electrical, bearings, etc...

I have an attachment to my hose, mix some car wash soap in the bottle, mower gets all foamed up, rinse....done..

3. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

putty knife and work gloves.

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

as i said no sponge!!!hahaha i tried the water and soap before but the crap is so caked on

5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

power washer.

6. ghfire

ghfire LawnSite Member

Tooth brush

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sponge and Turtle wax

8. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How about not cleaning your mower at all and just let it be dirty. If you wanna get the grass off that lays on the top of deck, take that blower that you bought and put it to use. To clean the deck, jus scrape the grass off with a putty knife and your back in business It dosent make sense to clean the mowers when the next day they are jus as dirty as they was before; there not cars people

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark doesn't recommend washing them, just blowing them off. But I do occasionally. Lot's of area's that water doesn't need to be on a ZTR. It is hard to beat a pressure washer, I just go through the car wash after blowing them off and put a coat of wax on sometimes. I put some fluid film on the Exmark last time, especially in tight area's that's may be susceptible to corrosion or rust.

10. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

purple power is pretty good.