Mower Consutant (disc edger)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Acme Bunny, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Acme Bunny

Acme Bunny LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I checked with my local distributor about putting a disc edger on my 2500. He advise that I need to have the hydraulic lift deck. My deck is manual lift.

Is there a way to make the edger work with a manual lift deck. Or, can a manual deck be converted to a hydro lift deck and then the disc edger attached?

Second question. Is Hustler going to change the blade tip speed on the walk behind machines? I saw a post mentioning a bts change. I had thought it might be the perfect machine until I noticed the slow bts. The machine will run 8 mph. like a Z but only has blade speed of a walk behind.

Thanks,

Drew

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 2500 you have is not able to be converted to hydraulic.
    There was a edger kit available for your model of the 2500, it is a part # 924829, it was a foot operated unit with a manual lift.
    This was a very rare edger, I have only seen 1 in almost 8 years.
    Use the above part # with your dealer maybe he can locate 1 for you.

As far as increasing BTS on the WB, we are working on it, we are testing pulley and belt configurations, as soon as we are done and it meets our standards we will start increasing the BTS on production units.

Later
    Pj

3. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Hey Pj,

Would an edger off of the 251 series work on that? it's the old style with manual lift.
    I have one laying around here that is collecting dust.

Dan

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Dan,
    The unit off your 251 is different.
    Yours mount different and operates by hand.
    The unit for the 2500 is also operated by foot.
    Thanks for offering it though.

Pj