Mower covers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Curious if anyone has found a maker for ZTR covers. I know W.E. Chapps has them, I just wondered if there were any other options? We use an open trailer and buying an enclosed one at this point isn't an option. But I would like something to keep the mowers dry, especially the newest one ;) I'm looking for something a bit higher quality than a blue poly tarp :)

BTW, To anyone using the W.E. Chapps cover's, how do you like them?

2. Lockeman

Lockeman LawnSite Member

Keith

For you, I think the answer is easy. Any good customer boat cover maker can bang out a very high quality cover in SunBrella canvas or something equally good with little difficulty. If you order several, I would think you'll get a break on the unit cost. In Florida, there is probably a decent cover maker on every other block.

Dave

3. Keith

Funny you mention that. My mom called me yesterday and suggested the same thing :) I guess they had a cover made for their boat recently and she gave me the name of a couple places that did really good work.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

what about california car cover? they make awesome covers in hundreds of fabrics. they custom make stuff all the time. give em a call. who knows, maybe they already have the dimensions from somebody else who wanted one?

www.californiacarcover.com

5. Keith

I'm going to check with a place here that makes boat covers. If that's too much, I'll look into the car cover places. Thanks for the replies :)

6. steinerguy

steinerguy LawnSite Member

I purchased an ATV cover that will fit my steiner well. The other one I looked at was a snowmobile cover.

Just an Idea.

7. Keith

steinerguy, do you have any pictures of it on the mower?

8. steinerguy

steinerguy LawnSite Member

Hope this attachment works......

mowercover.jpg

9. Keith

Looks pretty good. I wonder if it would cover my whole mower, deck and all?