1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower cutting bad

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by forrpets, Jun 5, 2004.

1. forrpets

forrpets LawnSite Member

I have a sears 18.5 lawn tractor with a 46 inch easy mulch deck. It takes 3 blades. It seems that when cutting, it is leaving a strip uncut. I know all 3 blades are turning and blades sharp. I can figure out what is wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions.
  2. Mikes Machines

Mikes Machines LawnSite Member

You may have a bent blade/spindle/deck. With the engine OFF turn the blades so the tips match up to each other then verify that the cutting edges are in the same plane, then turn one around and check the other end. They should all line up with each other.
  3. forrpets

forrpets LawnSite Member

thanks so much. i will do that in the morning when light. Mikes machines. Could you send me a pic of your machine. I cannot seem to enlarge it to look at it. thanks
  4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Some 3 blade mowers use two differance lenght baldes. Two longs blades on the out side and a shorter blade in the middle. Last summer we had a man come in our shop with a ploblem like that and he had the blades wrong.