Mower Deck 44"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mike28nc, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I just received my Fastrack and love the machine. I even got the upgraded 16 Honda motor at no charge. I cut my grass and even though it was very tall it did a great job. The grass was somewhat wet and seemed to stick to the under side of the deck. From what I have learned from here and when talking to the sales person (Roy in Raleigh,NC). The deck is the new style which was a running configuration change this year. The shoot was widen some to help remove the grass better after cut. My question is has anyone tried to put Silicon spray on the under side of the deck to keep the grass from sticking to the deck? Does anyone have that same problem?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have heard of guys using all kinds of sprays and stuff to prevent this.
    Best thing to do is mow when it is dry, I know this is not always a option, but the less moisture in the grass the less build up you will get.

3. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I would like to thank all of you in helping me decide on Fastrack. I know I didn't talk to any of you but reading your post this really helped me a ton. This is my first ZRT and I love it. I can not wait for my grass to grow. I know that is sick!

Tks to PJ for his information and help. Now just waiting for the Mulch kit to arrive and see how that works on my yard!!!!!!!

Raleigh, NC
  4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

there is a product called slip plate that i used a few times when i worked for the "Green" dealer basicially a areosol with graphite that dries very slick