mower deck non stick sprays???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PSSKI, Mar 15, 2001.

1. PSSKI

PSSKI LawnSite Member

What experiences have any of you had with the spray on non stick stuff for mower decks?? I am tired of chipping the crud out every night until the middle of May, when it finally becomes less sticky.. With summer grass the deck stays clean, but the first month of two are a bear.. So, has any one tried mo-deck, mow-eze, pam, or any thing else that works wonders??? I will wait for your reply, and thanks

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a product found at auto zone, it cleans, keeps the paint looking new and protects the paint from fading, all my machines look like when i bought them. workes great use it every other day. can't remember the name of it but its in a black bottle,around $5.00 for a bottle, it should last 3 weeks, in the summer i use it like once every 2 weeks.

4. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Josh, that really narrows the field down knowing it's in a black bottle! LOL!

I mow wet often and find that the Moweze helps. I also spray it on my blades after I sharpen them to keep from having to scrape them before I put them on the RBG.

I just spent 15 minutes cleaning all the crud from my string trimmer and the one-piece aluminum string head, the one with all the nooks and crannies that get caked with grass and mud, so when it was nice and clean I sprayed it with the Moweze and it really kept the head clean, allowing easier line changes. Good stuff for just a small squirt.
    Will

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Mo-eze works, but not for a long time. You might get 2 days out of a treatment. I also tried cooking oil, but that wasn't very good. Read over the threads that Eric gave you.

6. Lawnking

Lawnking LawnSite Member

You must remember, anytime you spray a product on anything its going to collect sand, dirt, dust etc. Is this worth a few min. of time savings of having to scrape a deck?

7. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

You'll be glad to know I've solved this problem. How, you ask? I don't mow sand, dirt or dust!!!! These products are made for wet stuff, as in wet grass! When it's not wet, I don't put it on. [But I still don't mow sand, dirt or dust---just grass] Will

8. Lawnking

Lawnking LawnSite Member

Mr. Ziffel, last time i checked grass was grown in dirt or sand. Correct me if i'm wrong i've only been doing this for 9 years.

9. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe Mr. Ziffle cuts astroturf!