1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower deck painting?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rja, Nov 7, 2001.

1. rja

rja LawnSite Member
    from NJ

What kind of paint do you use on the underside of the mower decks? The toughest stuff I have found is polyurathane (sp?). Is there any other kind of product besides this that is stronger?

Thanks, Rich

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get 2 part epoxy paint from sherwin williams. It's for painting bridges. But rocks and dirt will still eat it up after a while.

3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Iam not much up on paint but john deere paint / yes green and yellow is a good paint goes on thick and is durable is about 6 bucks a can.

4. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

my local engine repairman painted a very old reel mower yellow and green. the engine and wheels(iron wheels) were yellow, and the mower was green. it looks cool!!

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I wasnt really talking about the color other than that was the only two they had . Probaly look bad on a toro but is one tough paint.

6. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

yeah. i really like the color.(i was even thinking about painting my walkbehind yellow/green!!:D )