Mower Deck "slick" solvents

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carcrz, Dec 30, 2006.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I was @ TSC yesterday & saw some graphite stuff that said it was good for mower decks. You paint it on & then let it set up. Anyone tried anything like this? It was available in Aerosol, quart, and gallon sizes.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I use a crowbar or a big screwdriver when the buildup gets to me :laugh:
  3. carcrz

I use a paint scraper every time I change the blades. I just figured if it would just fall right off then I would have to scrape it less. I tried Fluid Film, but the aerosol can lost its pressure after I used it on one deck so it went in the trash. It still had @ least 1/2 the can left too.
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Tell Dan, he loves giving the stuff away.
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

When i switch my blades i just use a puddy knife or if need be the pressure washer.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the stuff it works okay,but i change blades daily and it just as easy to scrap the deck.
  7. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

most aerosol cans (paint etc) will run out of pressure In upside down positions...Maybe this Is what happened...or the cat was playing with It when you were not looking.

As for the deck solvent @ the Tsc store...I have never tryed It ...but I know Grafite can be real messy stuff. I like the fluid film...It's clean, easy to use ...and has NO Solvents:drinkup: :canadaflag: :usflag:
  8. carcrz

sprayed it the right-side-up. Sat in heated garage w/ the lid on it. But now that I think about it, she has been acting like she got into some cat-nip. Hey Dan, is their cat-nip in the Fluid Film?
  9. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

he told me my sample was on the way 3 times never got a thing. MO DECK RULES.
  10. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

Dan's sending me a can of stuff but I'll give it a try anyway. I gotta drive all the way across town to get to a TSC but what the hell. Did you happen to catch a price on the aerosol can? Or have you seen it a Lowes or HD?
    I found a place on-line that sells it cheep but adds a ton of shipping cost. Unless your buying a bunch of it, not so cost affective.