Mower Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Jun 8, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

So I have a week to try out a timecutter z from toro the 38", one. The guy who is selling it knows that the mors I use it the better chances That I will buy it. IM just that kinda person. Its pretty much brand new Its just been sitting in a garage for 2 years. Since I told him I was intrested I have started looking at commercial w/b's and IM starting to think that might be the way for me to got (this was also recomended by a friend that runs a lco. he runs all w/b's). But I Figured whatever Ive got a week with this mower ill give it a shot (I KNOW I KNOW ITS NOT COMMERCIAL GRADE, but I cant justify that much money with the amount of accounts I have). But this guy went through a lot to get it looking nice for me to try it out (changed the gas, bought a new battery etc.) so I cant take it back tomorrow and be like yeah I dont like it. But when Im on this thing I feel like its gona fall apart underneath me but the new ones feel like that too. And I never knew how hard it was to drive one of these things I keep tearing up my grass when I run it in my yard so I fell like Im gona get over to an account and tear it up too. Should I politely return it to him tomorrow or should I try some of my accounts and pray I dont tear them up??? And IM scared this mower wont take the abuse ill give it while trying to learn how to use it.

Also does anyone have any tips on using a zero turn for anyone who hasnt ever used one

And will a belt w/b pull a sulke??

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you ever used a Z turn mower before? Sounds like you just need some practice on it.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on one of those. If you are planning to grow your business, buy something that is made for the abuse of cutting every day.

Just because he did a little maintenance on it before you picked it up in no way obligates you to buy it. If he is planning on selling it to anyone, he would have to fix it up anyway. If you don't like it DON'T BUY IT.

How much is he asking?

3. liquidforcedude7

from america

No Ive never used one before. And yes I do plan to grow as big as I can I have a friend that does it in his neighborhood and has about the same mount of accounts (around 5 a week plus some scattered ones) as me now, and we plan to merge when we can drive.

4. Mike's Yard Services

Mike's Yard Services LawnSite Member

Sorry, just kidding.........It was all good until the part about ....."when we can drive"........just killed me. But seriously, the Z-Timecutter or whatever.................yup it is gonna fall apart beneath ya.......especially if you buy it, definitely a homeowner piece, not necessarily garbage but 5 or more places per week.........I don't think so.........Save $...buy what will last and serve you well. Mike

5. liquidforcedude7

from america

Yea im 13 I like to think I do some pretty nice work though...
    [​IMG]

Ive had A lady last year ask me if I had figured out my date for the prom. she thought I was a junior but im in 7th grade. I thought that was pretty funny.