Mower doesn't cut good..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I need help getting my 52" Hustler Z cut quality better. It leaves deep tire tracks and just looks terrible when finished. The weird thing is, the grass seems to be shorter were the tire marks are. What I meen by this is, The grass isn't just pushed down. It actually seems like the grass is cut uneven. I took it to my dealer and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They didn't have any good grass to try it on though.

I emailed Pj about haveing a Rep. swing by and see how it is cutting, but I never heard from him. I also emailed Hustler through the website with no reply.

I did talk to Pj when I first bought this mower and he was very helpfull. I tried all of his suggestions as far as lowering the tire pressure Etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Soupy

2. Soupy

Anyone?? I was thinking about finding a tire like my Dixie uses and see if that helps. If not, I'll be selling a 52" Hustler Z with 23 kawi Under 100 hrs. real cheap.

Soupy

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Soupy,
    I did not get your e-mail, please resend it.
    Did you have the mower back to a Hustler dealer since you bought it ? I know the original owner bought it from a dealer that went out of business.
    We can get this taken care of, I see no reason for you to sell your unit.

Pj

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Did you actually measure the height of each blade. It is possible there's a spacer added or the wrong blade put on by mistake. In other words, things can happen...........
    Take a look..........

5. Soupy

I tried every thing. I took it to the dealer and they changed blades and said they couldn't find anything wrong. I have just come to beleive that it is the tires. I'm used to useing Dixie Choppers with the ATV style tires. I know this, I can't live with the cut. When I'm done moweing, It looks like I just put ruts all over the lawn.

Pj, I'll email you tomorrow. I'm hoping you can get me in contact with a local Rep. So they can come by my place and see for their selves. I have plenty of green grass to cut.

Thanks,
    Soupy

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Something is really wrong since the deck cuts before the rear tires roll on the grass. If the tires pushes the grass down the grass will spring up in a short while, and regardless all the big exmarks, or whatever push the grass down, too.