Mower doesn't turn like most hydros

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Apr 21, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what's wrong with my mower and its turning ability. A buddy and I were stuck at a railroad crossing for about 10 minutes and there was a company mowing some lawns to the right of our car. They had all Encore mowers and the one guy was using a 52" Hydro with dual Velke and was turning without a problem going like full speed and not making any divots. In my case, my mower doesn't turn like most hydro ztr's. I put the one wheel Velke on and it still turns horrilbly. It's slow at turning. when turning I always have to stop, back up, and then turn even going full speed. What could be wrong. I change the hydraulic fluid every 40 hours. I'm sure this would save me like 10 minutes on every lawn. Is it like the tire inflation? Could I possibly need new hydaulic pumps? Another reason might be that my mower is a 52" hydro with only a 14 Kawasaki on it. Because if this continues, I'll have to sell it. It cuts pretty good though and I've done some great thing with it. What's your thought?