mower down for a MONTH!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Oct 17, 2002.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Today my Husqvarna ztr was ready for a new mulch kit. So I took it to the local dealer and had him install the blades and baffles. I was back there watching him and talking. He took two of the bolts out of the spindle and when he went to the third it came out about a quarter inch them it stopped. The impact could not turn it. So after afew minutes I told him I was going to go get some lunch, when I returned he was using the biggest ratchet and cheater bar I've ever seen! You know what happened next, the head of the bolst broke off and the rest is in the spindle stuck! So he goes to call Husqvarna and for a new spindle assembley it will take a month! Oh my god what will I do? I was talking to Lee a ExMark rep for Arkansas and he was letting me know about exmark's parts being shipped in 24hrs. So when Husky gets theztr going I'm going to try to sell it. What should I buy?

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thats total BS. id call husqvarna direct if you have to, to complain. if that was my mower, i would be calling everyone possible complaining. theres no way those parts arent at another dealer or a warehouse.
  3. IBGreen

Have any of you guys been through this? I've never heard of anything taking that long. I only have one more mower and that is a 21in. Honda I will go under if I can't cut for a month. What ztr do you all suggest?

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscping Concepts
  4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like you answered your own question-Exmark:)
  5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

between two ex dealers in my area it took 4 days to get a belt and it was the wrong one and i had to wait two more days,the 24 hrs doesnt apply to all dealers
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is the mower? I would try to get a demo or something from somebody. If your dealer is halfway decent, he should have a solution.
  7. That 24 hours only applies to if you "PAY" for overnight shipping, only then does it apply.

And after that if it does not come in 24 hours then it is free.

REREAD it, it says it clearly.

There is no gauruntee for parts unless you "PAY" for overnight shipping on in-stock parts from Exmark.

Now for the thread, that is pretty bad that a dealer cannot locate or go to a hardware store and pick up a bolt!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. IBGreen

Godfather, I never said anything about it being free. I'll gladly pay $15 for shipping a part that could keep my business running. And its not just a bolt. You may have to REREAD the post. THE BOLT IS BROKEN OFF INSIDE THE SPINDLE!

Brandon Shaw
    Evergreen Landscaping Concepts
  9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

If we do not have the eXmark part you need in stock, we will get the part and have it available to you on the next business day or the part is FREE! Dealer participation is optional.

my dealers dont participate
  10. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Why cant they use an easy out to remove the stuck/broken bolt??