1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower for gated community

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by parafighter4, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

the 34 inch gravely Z is sweet. It is built exztremely well, and solid. GRAVELY went above and beyond on this small mower, for gated yards. Dont know how it would work on hills though. I only demo(ed) it at the dealer (FLAT). It seems to be light on the front.

Trevor

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you do a search?? People give there views on it in the field. Hustler just came out with one too!!
    John

Attached Files:

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The pic wont work:confused: Go to huslers forum and see the pic of the new mower.

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

It's probably because you're trying to post a BMP. Pictures should be in JPG format (or JPEG, same thing).

5. Coastal Lawn

Coastal Lawn LawnSite Member

I have been operating a Gravely Pro G 32 wb for the last 2 months and have been pleased with it , it's built like a tank and pulls my big rear (190lbs) around without any problems. I use a 2 wheel sulky.I do my work in Florida and it's flat as a board here. If any hills are involved I would go with a 34" Pro G Hydro. I wish I would have got a 34" instead of the 32" it will still get through gates. We have alot of gated yards here in Florida and my main mower is a Gravely 252Z , great mower.:blob2:

6. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

I saw a 30 something inch mower the other day at a dealer but it was made by Stealth

7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I'm running a Gravely 34"Z.
    Like others have said, it works great on flat areas
    and only so-so on the hills.

90% of all my accounts have gates and the smaller Z is a great investment for that type of situation.

8. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

I saw a Great Dane that had a split bed that would allow you to raise half to get through average sized gates, but have that extra large cut. I have never used the machine, and others could give you better advice on Great Danes.

Bryn