1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower for ponds/ditches

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i found a mower for slopes to water. [​IMG]
    model HVT52
    The Husqvarna HVT52 hover trimmer floats on a cushion of air! This model is suitable for professional work in difficult terrain. The four-stroke engine can be used on slopes of up to 60°. The HVT52 has very low vibration levels in the handle and the trimmer line can be easily replaced.
  2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

hey - good work there
  3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

How much $$$$$. We need one.
  4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

5. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

My parents have a very similar hover mower, called "Flymo". Used it for many years, still running now after around 30 years.

To cut a steep hill, put a rope around the handle and feed the mower slowly down the hill, swinging it like a pendulum.

Works very well as long as there are no trees or bushed for the rope to snag.

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

If you like you can travel up here n I'll sell you mine .... almost new .... maybe 10 hrs .... $250 Cash

It seems like a great tool ...but I found it bulky n ackward to get to the edges .... when not running it doesn't float so it's a pain moving it ... it's dead weight

It'd be cool so fabricate some sort of bracket to mount it to the side of a Z .... kinda like a Flexi-deck

If you want it PM me ... I'm just out side of Cocoa Beach
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Eww a honda gcv. Better get one with something else. Check out eastman industries. They make commercial ones like that.